For the first time at SIGGRAPH Asia.
It’s the future of interactive techniques, live on stage! Watch the most innovative interactive techniques as they are presented and deconstructed live by their creators during SIGGRAPH Asia’s Real-Time Live! experience.
Prepare to be Amazed!
Real-Time Live! is one of the experiences that makes it unique and a must-attend event. Watch as the best of the best in real-time graphics and interactivity come together for a live competition and share their innovations. From mobile games to console games to virtual and augmented reality, creators of cutting-edge real-time graphics give you a look under the hood of their creations and share the techniques they use to achieve jaw-dropping results.
Attending Real-Time Live! is cool and presenting is a rush. If you have been pushing the boundaries of what is possible in real-time, and you think milliseconds are too large of a granularity in which to measure time, we want your submissions!
A jury of industry experts will recommend which submissions make it on stage.
Real Time Live! Chair
Luminous Productions Co., Ltd., Japan
How To Submit
We Are Seeking The Latest And Greatest Work In The Following Areas:
- State‐of‐the‐art graphics in gaming
- Real‐time technology for movies
- Virtual reality and augmented reality
- Real‐time artistic explorations
- Research projects (i.e., physics, graphics, modeling, etc.)
- Military or industrial simulations
- Scientific visualizations (i.e., medical, astrophysics, astronomy)
- Or anything that is interactively controlled, rendered in real time and repeatable for a live audience
In particular, please be aware of these fields:
- Hardware required to run your project if it is selected. NOTE: SIGGRAPH Asia cannot guarantee onsite availability of any specific hardware platforms or software packages. For best results, plan to ship your own platform hardware to the conference.
- A list of all licensed components and/or middleware.
- One “representative image” suitable for use in the conference web site and promotional materials. See Representative Image Guidelines.
- A two-minute segment of captured video from your project. This video capture can include multiple non-continuous edits, but do not use any post-production tools or facilities to enhance the images or speed. Files must be QuickTime, MP4, Windows Media, or AVI files no larger than 200 MB.
Upon Curation, you will be able to update your basic submission information, so it can be included in the conference schedule and website. This information needs to be finalized the week following your acceptance.
Accepted submissions will be allotted up to six minutes for presentation.
You may submit a rehearsal video (six minutes maximum) of your complete presentation six weeks before the conference with a written script of your presentation that details the flow and wording of the content that you plan to present at SIGGRAPH Asia. However, a live rehearsal session of your complete presentation will be mandatory for evaluation.
The Real-Time Live! Committee will accommodate remote rehearsal feedback sessions if needed.
At SIGGRAPH Asia, the submitter (and up to two additional people) must demonstrate a six-minute segment of the project live in real time on the hardware of their choice.
Presenters are required to attend SIGGRAPH Asia 2018. Registration and travel costs are at your own expense, except for the contributor of record, who will receive recognition as specified in the SIGGRAPH Asia 2018 Recognition Policy.
Before SIGGRAPH Asia 2018, all accepted presenters will receive the Real-Time Live! Presenter Preparation and Logistics Guide. This document includes complete details on shipping hardware, setup, rehearsals, the Real-Time Live! show and tear-down.
ACM Rights Management Form
If your work is accepted for presentation at SIGGRAPH Asia 2018: You must complete the ACM Rights Management Form. The form will be sent to all submitters whose work is accepted.
Your representative image and text may be used for promotional purposes. Several SIGGRAPH Asia 2018 programs – Art Gallery, Computer Animation Festival, Emerging Technologies, Virtual & Augmented Reality (VR/AR), Real-Time Live!, Technical Papers – will prepare preview videos for pre-conference promotion of accepted content, which may include a portion of the video you submitted for review.
All deadlines are 23:59 UTC/GMT.
Real-Time Live! submitters notified
Final delivery of rehearsal video and script
4 - 7 December 2018
SIGGRAPH Asia 2018