Unfortunately, every conference experiences some theft. While SIGGRAPH Asia does provide security at the event venue, you should exercise standard precautions in securing equipment (especially small, mobile items) when it is in the event venue.
As a service to our contributors, SIGGRAPH Asia insures equipment from the time it enters the event venue to the time it leaves the event venue, provided: (a) receipt and outbound shipping occur while the event venue is occupied by SIGGRAPH Asia, and (b) an Equipment Insurance form was completed and submitted. If you have not completed and submitted the insurance form, your equipment will not be insured by SIGGRAPH Asia.
- SIGGRAPH Asia does not insure personal items, such as cell phones, digital cameras, laptops, camcorders, etc.
- SIGGRAPH Asia does not insure equipment in transit to or from the conference. Please be sure to insure your equipment during shipment.
Insuring Your Equipment
If your work is accepted for presentation at SIGGRAPH Asia, and you want to have your equipment insured while at the event venue, you will be asked to complete the online Equipment Insurance Form in your final details of your submission form.
If you are an equipment donor, you will be asked to complete in the program Submission form.
Filing a Claim
If your equipment is insured by SIGGRAPH Asia, please follow this procedure to file a claim for damage or theft:
- Notify the Conference Management Office immediately. We will contact building security located at the Organizer Room of G403, Level 4 of Tokyo International Forum (Conference Management Office).
- Work with the Conference Management to obtain a police report while at the event venue.
- Forward the following documentation:
- Copy of the police report
- Copy of the original purchase receipt
- Copy of a replacement quote from a vendor or manufacturer