- Full Conference Pass (FC)
- Full Conference One-Day Pass (1D)
- Basic Conference Pass (BC)
- Student One-Day Pass (SP)
- Experience Pass (EP)
- Exhibitor Pass (EP)
The SIGGRAPH Asia 2018 Computer Animation Festival is Asia's premier computer animation festival which showcases a world-wide collection of the year's best works. For four exciting days, presenters showcase their most innovative exploration and transition in computer-generated animation and visual effects. From students’ works to professional pieces, the event provides you with evolving visual technology and artistic stimulations.
The Computer Animation Festival consists of three main components:
- Screenings - It includes Electronic Theater, Animation Theater as well as Invited Screenings where the full breadth of this year’s work in computer animation can be enjoyed at length.
- VR Theater – It will feature virtual reality narrative films which will be showcased in the newly established VR Theater. Preview all of this year’s ticketed group screenings selections.
- Panels & Production Talks - It includes presentations by experts on a variety of topics related to the creation of computer animation and visual effects, as well as behind-the-scenes presentations by creators from the studios and schools, whose works are screened at the festival.
Electronic Theater Timings
- 5 December 2018, 5.00PM – 7:00PM
- 6 December 2018, 6.15PM – 8:15PM
- 7 December 2018, 1.00PM – 3:00PM
VR Theater Timings
- 5 December 2018 [10.00AM, 11.00AM, 12.00PM, 1.00PM, 2.00PM, 3.00PM, 4.00PM]
- 6 December 2018 [10.00AM, 11.00AM, 12.00PM, 1.00PM, 2.00PM, 3.00PM, 4.00PM]
- 7 December 2018 [10.00AM, 11.00AM, 12.00PM, 1.00PM, 2.00PM, 3.00PM]
Computer Animation Festival Chair
Shuzo John Shiota
Polygon Pictures, Inc.
An in-depth exploration of the world of animation, visual effects, and scientific visualization over the last year. In the Animation Theater, all-day shows present outstanding works from around the world selected by the Computer Animation Festival's jury.
A two-hour overview filled with the best animations, visual effects, and scientific visualizations produced in the last year. The jury assembled this show to represent the must-see works in computer graphics.
For the first time in SIGGRAPH Asia 2018 the VR Theater will feature virtual reality narrative films which will be showcased in the newly established VR Theater. Preview all of this year’s ticketed group screenings selections.
Panels are a mixture of sessions organized by special invitation and or selected from juried proposals submitted through the online submission process and in Production Sessions, the world's most elite and talented computer graphic experts and creative geniuses explain their processes and techniques for creating compelling content. It includes presentations by experts on a variety of topics related to the creation of computer animation and visual effects, as well as behind-the-scenes presentations by creators from the studios and schools, whose works are screened at the festival.
The award winners of the Computer Animation Festival submissions were evaluated by an expert jury of professionals who span the visual effects, animation, research and development, games, advertising, and education industries. The award categories and winners are based on the following categories. Best of Show Award, Jury Special Award and Best Student Project Award.
This party, presented by Japanese Production Studios, held on 6 December (Thursday), 8pm onwards, is the official party of the SIGGRAPH Asia 2018 Computer Animation Festival (CAF). Don’t miss out on the opportunity to mix and mingle with computer professionals, educators and students from not only Japan, but around the world. Please join us to make this an extra exciting night for SIGGRAPH Asia.
Special guest appearances by the creative unit AC-BU and more!
|Date/Time:||6th December 2018, Thursday, 8:00pm – 12:00am
* Reception desk opens at 7.30pm
|Venue:||BENOA Ginza (B3F, Ginza Wall Bldg., 6-13-16 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo)|
|Expected Attendance:||300 people (SIGGRAPH Asia attendees, domestic/global productions, academic and students|
Presented by: anima/N-Design/ENGI/optical force/Orange/OLM Digital/SOLA DIGITAL ARTS/Kamikaze Douga/Sublimation/SAMURAI PICTURES/SANZIGEN/TOEI ANIMATION/Polygon Pictures/Modeling Cafe/LIBZENT/wise
Sponsored by: IMAGICA DIGITALSCAPE/D-STORM/BornDigital/CG-ARTS/Institute for Information Industry/XR EXPRESS TW/ GEMHORN/Too/ FOUNDRY/ VFX-JAPAN
Co-presented by: "Anime Technic Sessions Unlimited for Creators 2018"/CG-ARTS Human Resources Development Forum/Taipei ACM SIGGRAPH Chapter
Contact: Production Party Committee
Chair: Shuzo John Shiota (SA18CAF Chair/CEO, Polygon Pictures Inc.)
Managers: Takako Shinohara/Hiroyuki Ito (CG-ARTS)
2015 年の神戸に続き、SIGGRAPH Asia（SA）が日本で開催されます。 SIGGRAPH ASIA は、コンピュータグラフィックスとインタラクティブ技術に関するカンファレンスと展示会である、SIGGRAPH（アメリカ）のアジア大会ですが、今年は初の東京開催で12月4日（火）から7日（金）まで予定されています。
日本をはじめ世界中から参加の関係者（プロ・学生・教育者）との交流の機会として、ぜひ一緒にSIGGRAPH ASIA の夜を思いっきり盛り上げましょう。
|名称||SIGGRAPH Asia CAF Party in Tokyo|
|日時・場所||12 月6 日（木）20：00 ～ 24：00
東京都中央区銀座6-13-16 銀座ウォールビル B3F
アニマ/ エヌ・デザイン/ ENGI/ オプティカルフォース/ オレンジ/オー・エル・エム・デジタル/ SOLA DIGITAL ARTS / 神風動画 /サブリメイション/ サムライ ピクチャーズ/サンジゲン/東映アニメーション/ ポリゴン・ピクチュアズ / ModelingCafe /リブゼント/ wise
イマジカデジタルスケープ/ディストーム/ ボーンデジタル/ CG-ARTS/Institute for Information Industry/ XR EXPRESS TW/ GEMHORN/Too/ FOUNDRY/ VFX-JAPAN
『あにつく2018』交流会/CG-ARTS人材育成フォーラム/Taipei ACM SIGGRAPH Chapter